Reporting line: Reporting to the CEO
Commitment: Full-time role
Salary: Competitive package dependent on experience, basic in range £40-45k plus commission
Employer: Ionix Advanced Technologies Ltd
Location: Home or office based (Huddersfield, UK)
Ionix specialises in high performance, extreme environment piezoelectric devices and materials, offering a range of sensors, actuators and transducer devices based on its novel piezoelectric materials, with applications in areas such as non-destructive testing/evaluation (NDT/E) condition monitoring and flow measurement in demanding environments. We are a VC backed company with main investors in the IP Group and ParkWalk Advisors. Ionix was 2011 and is currently entering its next stage of growth; we are seeking to strengthen our commercial team to drive sales of our range of extreme environment devices.
Piezoelectric materials are used in a vast and rapidly expanding range of actuators and sensors. They are the irreplaceable heart of systems such as medical ultrasound imaging, non-destructive testing (NDT), energy harvesting and SONAR comprising a $15bn annual market. Ionix has developed novel range of high temperature piezoelectric materials, which can operate in extreme environments in excess of 400 °C and with which opens the opportunity to a whole host of new high temperature sensing technologies.
Ionix is looking for a Business Development Manager who will be a key part of a growing commercial team, responsible for developing the business for the new high temperature piezoelectric transducers and sensors. You will work closely with the Technical Sales and Device Development teams, the Operations team and the CEO to drive the business development for devices that will see service in Energy/Nuclear, Refining, Chemical and Oil & Gas, Process Control, Aerospace, Automotive sectors. Sales channels will include direct sales, as well as via service and systems providers and agents/distributor networks. Able to demonstrate relevant experience in business development, sales and marketing with a sound technical understanding of the technology area, you should have an ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach to the varied tasks required of the role.
- Develop business for Ionix extreme environment devices across a wide range of end user and market applications, working across a selected range of sales channels
- Identify and prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Build key client relationships, focused on the decision makers within the client organisation
- Project manage high value client facing projects
- Work closely with the technical and operations team to influence the development of an expanding product line
Essential skills and personal attributes
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development, with significant and demonstrable success and responsibility for high value product or solution selling, with a devices/technical content.
- Experience of selling into any of the following: Aerospace, Automotive, Nuclear, Manufacturing, Plant, Process Control and Oil & Gas sectors.
- Ideally experience in and understanding of NDT and ultrasonic technology, specifically ofsensors and transducers
- Experience of working across global markets with blue-chip clients.
- Track record in managing and delivering client driven projects.
- Demonstrable capability to achieve goals with a collaborative and partnership-oriented approach.
- Exceptional communication skills to articulate the technical advantages and performance benefits of Ionix’s products and materials clearly to other.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful, able to manage own time and meet deadlines within a small team, working in a dynamic SME environment.
- Available for overseas travel to client meetings, conferences and trade shows.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of the email.