Reporting line: Reporting to the CEO
Commitment: Full-time role
Salary:Competitive package dependant on experience
Employer: Ionix Advanced Technologies Ltd
Location: Head office (Huddersfield, UK)
Ionix specialises in high performance, extreme environment piezoelectric devices and materials, offering a range of sensors, actuators and transducer devices based on its novel piezoelectric materials, with applications in areas such as non-destructive testing/evaluation (NDT/E) condition monitoring and flow measurement in demanding environments. We have developed novel range of high temperature piezoelectric materials, which can operate in extreme environments in excess of 400 °C and opening up a range of high temperature applications.
Ionix is currently looking for a Manufacturing Technician who will be a key contributor to the operations team, which outputs new high temperature piezoelectric transducers. You will also work closely with the Device Development Team to implement manufacturing methods in order to satisfy client product requirements. Able to demonstrate relevant experience in assembly, testing, production or manufacturing, you should have an ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach to the varied tasks required of the role. Ionix’s development and manufacturing activities are based in a modern, purpose built facility Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. UK, with excellent commuter links to Manchester and Leeds.
- Work with the device development & manufacturing team to assemble and test ultrasonic devices (sensors, transducers) for use at high temperature and in other demanding environments, under the direction of the Devices Management Team.
- Employ knowledge of manufacturing assembly techniques, and able to work in a precise and exacting manner to ensure products are within tolerance and specification at all times.
- Contribute to developing construction and production methods and documentation, maintaining equipment logs and activity history.
- Responsible and accountable for working under the requirements of the Company quality assurance and health and safety policy.
- Communicate on task/program progress within the team
- Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical engineering based education or equivalent to ONC level or higher in engineering and have completed a recognised apprenticeship in engineering or A-level or above in a scientific, technical or engineering discipline.
- Experience working within a Manufacturing/Scientific/Engineering environment, with practical and hands-on elements.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines as part of a team or independently.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working to engineering drawings, sketches, or written instructions.
- Computer literate, competent in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of development of leading edge products.
- Experience in high temperature/high pressure devices.
- Experience in CAD software.
- Experience in working within an ISO 9001 accredited or another regulated industry environment or
- Experience in a high volume and bespoke low volume environment.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of the email.