Reporting line: Reporting to the CEO
Commitment: Full-time role
Salary: Competitive package dependent on experience
Employer: Ionix Advanced Technologies Ltd
Location: Home or office based (Huddersfield, UK)
Ionix Advanced Technologies specialises in high performance, extreme environment piezoelectric devices and materials, offering a range of sensors, actuators and transducer devices based on its novel piezoelectric materials, with applications in areas such as non-destructive testing/evaluation (NDT/E) condition monitoring and flow measurement in demanding environments.
We have developed novel range of high temperature piezoelectric materials which can operate in extreme environments in excess of 400 °C and opening up a range of high temperature applications. Ionix are currently looking for a Product Development Technician who will be a key contributor to a development and production team, which outputs new high temperature piezoelectric transducers. You will work closely with the Device Development Team to develop and implement manufacturing methods in order to satisfy client product requirements. Able to demonstrate relevant experience in assembly, testing, production or manufacturing, you should have an ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach to the varied tasks required of the role.
- Work with the device development & manufacturing team to assemble and test ultrasonic devices (sensors, transducers) for use at high temperature and in other demanding environments, under the direction of the Devices Management Team.
- Contribute to electronic, mechanical and materials design of the devices.
- Employ knowledge of manufacturing techniques, assembly, and applicability to designs, being able to work in a precise and exacting manner to ensure products are within tolerance and specification at all times.
- Contribute to developing construction and production methods and documentation, maintaining equipment logs and activity history.
- Communicate with suppliers and equipment manufacturers to discuss applications, resolve issues and ensure product requirements are met.
- Responsible and accountable for working under the requirements of the Company quality assurance and health and safety policy.
- Contribute to schedules for hardware and software activities.
- Electrical/Electronic or mechanical engineering-based education (or equivalent) to ONC/HNC level or higher and have completed a recognised apprenticeship in engineering; or A-level or above in a scientific, technical or engineering discipline.
- Experience working within a Manufacturing, Scientific or Engineering environment.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines as part of a team or independently.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working to and delivering engineering drawings, sketches, or written instructions.
- Computer literate, competent in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- At least a basic understanding in any of the following;
- Ultrasound physics
- Signal processing
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacture
- Experience of development of leading edge products.
- Experience in high temperature/high pressure devices.
- Experience in working within an ISO 9001 accredited or other regulated industry environment or equivalent.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of the email.