Reporting line: Reporting to the CEO
Commitment: Full-time role
Salary:Competitive package dependant on experience incl. Pension and performance based incentives
Employer: Ionix Advanced Technologies Ltd
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Ionix Advanced Technologies specialises in high performance, extreme environment piezoelectric devices and materials, offering a range of sensors, actuators and transducer devices based on its novel piezoelectric materials, with applications in areas such as non-destructive testing/evaluation (NDT/E) condition monitoring and flow measurement in demanding environments. Ionix has developed novel range of high temperature piezoelectric materials, which can operate in extreme environments in excess of 400 °C and opening up a range of high temperature applications.
Ionix is currently looking for a Product Development Technician who will aid the development of new prototypes and manufacturing methods. In this role, you will be setting up, conducting and monitoring tests to characterise and evaluate performance of new products, whilst feeding back improvements to design. You will be contributing to improving the quality of our products by collecting, presenting and reporting data, which outputs new high temperature piezoelectric transducers. You will work closely with the Device Development Team to develop and implement manufacturing methods in order to satisfy client product requirements.
Able to demonstrate relevant experience in assembly, testing, production or manufacturing, you should have an ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach to the varied tasks required of the role.
- Assemble and test devices in the laboratory for use at high temperature and in other demanding environments, under the direction of the Devices Management Team.
- Contribute to electronic, mechanical and materials design of the devices.
- Provide feedback of manufacturing techniques, assembly, and applicability to designs.
- Contribute to developing documentation, maintaining equipment logs and activity history.
- Communicate with suppliers and equipment manufacturers to discuss applications, resolve issues and ensure product requirements are met.
- Responsible and accountable for working under the requirements of the Company quality assurance and health and safety policy.
- Report writing of analysis and project work undertaken.
- Education and/or experience in a scientific, technical or engineering discipline.
- Experience working within a development, production or manufacturing environment. Working with an ISO 9001 environment or equivalent, an advantage.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to manage time and work to deadlines as part of a team or independently, accepting ownership of new and different requests.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and ability to build relationships.
- Capable of working to and delivering engineering drawings, sketches, or written instructions
- Computer literate, competent in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Solidworks an advantage.
- Approachable character.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of the email.