In-service, high-temperature corrosion monitoring system delivers productivity gains and increases plant safety as part of refinery digitalisation strategy.
Ionix sensors have been deployed in a key installation of automated in-service corrosion monitoring of multiple refinery process units at a major oil company, as part of a refinery digitalisation strategy. The deployment covered process units spread over a 2 km2 area and included wall thickness monitoring locations at process conditions of over 200 °C and as high as 520 °C. Installation was executed during normal production without a shutdown of any of the process units.
- High-quality wall thickness data collection enables maximum plant availability and avoids unplanned shutdowns – expected payback < 1 year.
- Access to integrity data at key locations allowing optimisation of feedstock, corrosion inhibitor strategy and process parameters.
- Maintenance and Turnaround planners can make informed decisions on repair and replacement, optimising maintenance project costs and planning.
- Wall thickness data automatically collected from hazardous locations – enhancing safety and personnel risk reduction measures and reducing inspection costs.
- Installation during a normal production run allowed immediate benefits and savings.