APPLICATION INSIGHT | Optimising the Management and Maintenance of Mining Equipment
HotSense™ is a non-invasive ultrasonic wear monitoring solution born out of the extreme environments of the energy sector:
- For users of critical components or linings susceptible to wear;
- Who want to always know the remaining life of their assets;
- So that they can shorten outages to maximise availability and reduce outage costs.
Unlike manual inspection and invasive technologies, HotSense™ provides direct wall thickness trending loss and detection of changes to predict maintenance intervals whilst plant is running.
Wall Thickness Trending Requires High Precision and High Frequency Thickness Measurements
High Precision Thickness Measurements
- Non-invasive installation to outside of hoppers, chutes, pipes and vessels.
- Robust installation without modification of asset.
High Frequency Data Collection from HotSense Transducers
- Automated, Wireless, Battery Powered.
- High frequency data collection direct to server or control room.
- Low cost.
- Manual data collection from cabinet in safe area.
Wall Thickness Trends Optimise Asset and Process Management
Data collection, trending and control Software – WAMP
Track wall loss rates, detect changes and see into the future
- Understand current wall loss rates to feed maintenance planning.
- Detect changes and relate to process conditions.
- Extrapolate trends to predict impact of changes on asset condition.
Optimise Decision Making
- Predict maintenance intervals to order replacements and avoid un-planned shutdowns.
- Optimise process conditions to minimize wear and reduce outages.
Ready to Deploy to Support Current Maintenance Strategies
Flexible data access and integration
Get trending data now!
- Data collection on-premise or remote server.
- No internet or cloud required (cloud option available).
- Data in standalone server or integrated into control systems.
- Fully contained Field Deployment Kit can be deployed in under an hour.
Implement alongside current inspections
- Complements traditional NDT inspections.
- Integrate with current integrity data.
- Provide wider access to wall thickness data.