Energy and Nuclear
Energy and Nuclear Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), Monitoring and Prevention
Based on our award-winning piezoceramic technology, we have developed a range of high-temperature capable devices under the brand of HotSense™ for applications in extreme environments in the energy & nuclear sector.
Potential applications include:
- Crack detection and monitoring
- Corrosion / erosion monitoring
- Robotic weld inspection
- Fluid level sensing
- High temperature flow measurement
- Creep detection in steel pipes
HotSense™ transducers have been proven to operate continuously within nuclear plant environments for permanent fixed-point monitoring of asset integrity and gas void measurement.
► Assets can be monitored in-service without the need for shut down, plant access or isolation.
► -55°C/-67°F to +380°C/715°F (+550°C/1020°F on request) wide operating temperature range for in-service monitoring
► Time and temperature stable signal for maximum reliability
► No observed performance degradation in testing after exposure to 11 MGy of gamma and 2.6×1018 c-2 neutron fluence
Ionix transducers can also be installed around known cracks in pitch-catch mode, while circumferential arrays (in development) can be used for complete weld coverage. TOFD probes are also under development.
Integrate HotSense non-destructive testing (NDT)into inspection and monitoring systems and programs to:
- Increase safety by reducing exposure of personnel to hazardous environments
- Minimise the radiation dose by reducing the time spent by personnel in the plant location
- Reduce the total time and cost required to collect key measurements by removing the challenges of restricted access – no need for rope access or scaffolding, faster data acquisition to enhance decision making and safety
- Maximise plant productivity by reducing downtime and operational complexity