This web site is owned and operated by Ionix Advanced Technologies Ltd.
This notice explains how Ionix Advanced Technologies (herein referred to as Ionix) collect and use personal data obtained from users of our website. Ionix is the data controller in respect of the personal data we collect and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. “Personal data” is information which relates to an identified or identifiable living individual.
This Notice should be read together with our Cookies Statement (below).
What personal data we collect
We may collect personal data from those who visit our website. Some areas of the website offer you newsletters, marketing communications, publications and information about events, or to contact us with enquiries, comments or job applications from which we may also collect personal data.
Additionally, when you use our website, plugins used to enable operation collect information.
We may collect and process personal data about you from these channels such as:
- your name, address, email address and other contact details;
- where you subscribe, you email alert preferences; and
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us, including gender, age and CV’s (containing employment records, salary and education records)
When you use the website, we collect certain technical information that is sent by your browser to our website (stored as log files). This includes information, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, language, time zone setting, access times and any referring website addresses.
How we use personal data we collect and the legal bases we use for doing so
Depending on the situation, we may use personal data collected from you through the site in the following ways:
- to ensure that the website is presented to you in an effective manner;
- to aid spam detection and prevention, identify cyber threats or malicious actions;
- to provide you with information that you have requested from us; and
- where you have registered to do so, to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing, Ionix company updates and other materials relating to our services, unless you would prefer us not to do so.
Where you chose to sign up to our email alerts (such as demonstrations, events, news or product alerts), we process your personal data on the basis that you have consented to receive these updates. You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button in any of our emails, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you unsubscribe from all communications, we may still retain your email address, so we know not to contact you.
Sometimes, we process your personal data because it is in our legitimate interests to maintain and promote our services and properly administer our business, for example, when you contact us and submit a query or application for employment.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data with third parties, including:
- government and regulatory authorities, for example to respond to a legal request or comply with a legal obligation;
- suppliers of IT services (such as those needed to operate this website, or cloud services store data) and third parties engaged by Ionix for the purpose of providing marketing communications or services requested by you; and
- in the event that you make an application for employment, we may share you application with suppliers of recruitment services and health pre-screening.
A list of our current third party sub-processors and the type of personal data we transfer is available by emailing email@example.com.
Finally, we may share non-personal data with the third parties listed above, or other third parties not listed in this Notice. When we do so we may aggregate or de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer, or your device. Aggregation means that we combine the non-personal data of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any individual. “De-identify” means that we attempt to remove or change certain identifiers that may be used to link data to a particular person.
Retention, storage and transferring your personal data
We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information. These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect from misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction.
Your personal data is kept for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and in accordance with data retention laws. It is periodically reviewed to ensure it is accurate, up-to date and relevant.
Applicable data privacy laws may give rights to individuals in respect of personal data that organisations hold about them, for example to:
- request a copy of the personal data that we hold about them;
- object to the processing of their personal data; or
- request that we rectify, delete, or limit the processing of their personal data.
To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, please submit your written request to us via firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. You are also entitled to raise your concerns with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
If you have a concern or complaint about how Ionix has used your personal data, as a first step, you should raise this with Ionix, via the email address email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Ionix Advanced Technologies Ltd.
3M Buckley Innovation Centre
Firth Street, Huddersfield
HD1 3BD. UK.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Notice at any time and will always post the revised Notice on our website.
Last Updated: 25 May 2018
If you wish to completely avoid the cookies, turn off cookies in your browser. This may disable some tools and may affect the overall performance of the site. The method will vary according to the type and version of your browser and whether you use a PC or an Apple Macintosh, but will approximately follow these steps.
- with PC: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookie settings.
- with Apple Macintosh: Edit > Preferences > Receiving files > Cookies > Cookie settings.
- Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Cookies radio buttons.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookie settings.
You will normally be able to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, accept certain types of cookie, and/or receive a warning before accepting a cookie.
Alternatively, if you wish to remove these cookies from your computer at a later date you may clear them after visiting the site; this will not affect the performance of the site or the cookies in question.
More information on how Google Analytics treats your personal data can be found here;
This website uses CPanel, Inc, a web hosting and web analytics service provider. CPanel collects information automatically when you visit the website including;
- Information on how you access the website
- Information about your device
- Information provided from cookies and Google Analytics.
The information collected will be transmitted to and stored by CPanel on servers, including in the United States. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by CPanel in the manner and for the purposes set out above. More information on how CPanel treats your personal data can be found here;
Ionix Advanced Technologies is registered with the Information Commissioners Office under ZA268749.