Non-Invasive Thickness & Corrosion Monitoring
Minimise operational risk and maximise productivity with enhanced asset intelligence.
We are the extreme environment experts. We enable plant digitalisation and the realisation of Industrial IOT solutions. We combine our market leading HotSenseTM sensors with the best-fit data collection system to provide a complete monitoring solution to deliver key asset integrity data, meeting cost, HSE, and operational targets across refining, oil & gas, energy, nuclear and process sectors
Start monitoring your assets with HotSenseTM to increase plant productivity:
- Remove variables caused by periodic inspection process.
- Provide more frequent data, with no increase in costs to improve RBI data / deliverable.
- Get more actuate data to feed your FFS studies.
- Remove conservatism from your asset retirement planning.
- Enable use of lower cost feedstock options
- Confirm effectiveness of corrosion inhibitors.
- Enable better data to make informed decisions around change management:
- Production increases
- Shutdown planning
- Increase what can be monitored – HotSenseTM transducers allow for deployment directly to hot assets for measurements from -55˚C to + 550˚C (-67 to 1022 deg F).
- Increase Safety – Intrinsically safe and certified for deployment across your business (FM Cl 1 Dv 1-2, ATEX & IECEx Zone 0-1)
- Reduced maintenance – Transducers and node may be positioned independently to allow for ease of access for battery change – no need for scaffolding or rope access. Service packages available.
- Cost efficient – Multiple transducers per measurement node to minimise batteries.
- Improved network stability – Nodes positioned to maximise wireless signal.
- Maximise flexibility – Flexible and robust deployment and data management options
- Automated – thickness measurements, temperature measurements and corrosion rates transmitted directly to your control room.
- Security – Advanced data management software on local server or data direct to you DCS and PIMS – data never leaves your site.
- Configurable alarms – Robust and reliable measurements for determination of wall loss rates & absolute thickness.
- Inhouse data access – Make data available to both maintenance and operations teams to better optimise plant productivity.
- Built-in calibration – Measurements may be validated using HotSenseTM transducer integrated calibration block.
- Fully WirelessHART certified and compliant for integration into your operations.
- Remote measurement configuration and maintenance.
- Battery life is transmitted allowing maintenance and data collection scheduling.
SURVEY, INSTALLATION, COMMISSIONING AND SUPPORT
Ionix, with our system and global or local service partners can provide planning and pre-installation surveys, as well as ongoing system service and data health packages tailored to your requirements.
DATA & SYSTEM HEALTH CHECK
Ionix understand that the project doesn’t finish at installation. To support the operation of your monitoring solution and continual improvement in data collection, we provide ongoing System Service packages tailored to a client’s requirements.
STANDARD SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
|Temperature||-55ºC to +550ºC|
|Resolution||0.010 mm (0.4 mil)* to 0.025 mm (1mil)|
|Thickness Range||See transducers|
|Channel per node||1* - 4|
|Thermocouples||Integrated into transducer or
|Certification||IS/Class I, Division 1, Groups A/B/C/D;
Ex ia IIC T4 for -55°C ≤ Ta ≤ +55°C;
|Ex ib IIC T4 Gb (Ta = -40°C to +70 °C)*|
|Battery type||Lithium D|
|Battery life||Up to 5+ years|
|* Increased resolution system.|
|Communication Protocol||WirelessHART (IEC 62591)|
|Security||128-bit AES Security|
|Max units per gateway||100|
|Max total number of devices||30,000|
|Data collection frequency||1 hour +|
|Data output||Thickness, wall loss rate (short & long),
temperature, battery, A-scan
|Export||Whole database or subset, .csv|
|Data storage and access||Local server, DCS, PIMS etc|
|Protocol||EtherNet/IP, Modbus RTU/TCP, OCP|
|Diagnostics||Remote diagnostics of transducer,
node, network and measurement
|Calibration||At install and manual online|
|Battery remaining life||As a function of usage or voltage|
STANDARD TRANSDUCER & DEPLOYMENT SPECIFICATION
|Frequency||3 MHz||5 MHz||5 MHz|
|Thickness Range||>2.5 mm||>2.5mm||>1mm|
|-55 °C to|
+ 380 °C
550 °C by request
|-40 °C to|
|-55 °C to
|Epoxy||Straps + epoxy|
|0.325 - 2.5 m high temperature|
2-15 m flex
|1.5 m standard|
(3 or 6 m by
|Material Mounts/Clamps||316 Stainless Steel||-|
|Standard Clamp Sizes for Pipes||NPS 2” to NPS 16”||Other sizes available via special request|
|Standard Stud for Vessels||M8 x (40 - 60 mm)||Other sizes available via special request|
|Standard Stud Spacing||52.5 +/- 5mm||Other sizes available via special request|
|Stud Torque Resistance||>20 N.m||-|
|Total Mass (Transducer + deployment)||1.0 - 1.4 kg||Dependent on deployment method|
Online Wall Thickness Monitoring
Refinery wide HotSenseTM
deployment to reduce risk, increase safety and maximise data availability