APPLICATION INSIGHT | Automated Corrosion Monitoring for Biofuel Refining Alkylation Units
HotSense™ is a non-invasive ultrasonic corrosion and erosion monitoring system;
- For biofuel processing refinery unit operators and integrity teams.
- Who want to manage the impact of biofuel processing on their assets.
- So that they can maximize feed throughputs and run length whilst minimising outages.
Unlike manual inspection and invasive techniques, HotSense™ provides high precision wall thickness trending from hazardous locations, direct and automatically to the operator and integrity teams, with minimal implementation time.
Wall Thickness Trending Requires High Precision and High Frequency Thickness Measurements
High Precision Thickness Measurements
- -200 to +550 °C (-328 to +1022 °F)
- On-stream installation on pipes or vessels
- Low profile under insulation or in confined spaces
High Frequency Data Collection from HotSense™ Transducers
- Automated, Wireless, Battery Powered.
- High frequency data collection direct to server or control room.
- Low cost.
- Manual data collection from cabinet in safe area.
Wall Thickness Trends Optimise Asset and Process Management
Data collection, trending and control Software – WAMP
Track wall loss rates, detect changes and see into the future
- Understand current wall loss rates to feed maintenance planning.
- Detect changes and relate to process conditions.
- Extrapolate trends to predict impact of changes on asset condition.
Optimise Decision Making
- Predict maintenance intervals to order replacements and avoid un-planned shutdowns.
- Optimise process conditions to maximise productivity.
Ready to Deploy to Support Current Maintenance Strategies
Flexible data access and integration
Get trending data now!
- Data collection on-premise or remote server.
- No internet or cloud required (cloud option available).
- Fully contained Field Deployment Kit can be deployed in under an hour.
- Data in standalone server or integrated into control systems.
Implement alongside current inspections
- Complements traditional NDT inspections.
- Integrate with current integrity data.
- Provide wider access to wall thickness data.
Field Data Logging Kit (FDLK) – “Wireless system in a box”
- Ready to deploy, self-contained logging server for HotSense WirelessHART sensors.
- Rapid deployment onsite without the need for IT network integration.
- Local data storage with secure, remote access option.
- Preconfigured to plug-and-play.
- Moveable and portable.
- Ideal for rapid deployment and temporary monitoring.
- Automated data collection.
- Measurement and wall loss trending.
- Waveform collection.
- Manual and automated data export.